Here is a simple salad I made yesterday for Meatless Monday. We don’t eat very often hearts of palm, which is such a shame… I need to add this vegetable more often on my shopping list!
This recipe is adapted from Epicurious.
The quantities here are for 2. This salad is ready in less than 20 minutes.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Juice of half a freshly squeezed lemon
- A small handful of fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- ½ small garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups of shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 small can of hearts of palm (the one I used was 400 g, 220 g drained), drained and the hearts of palm thickly sliced
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted, peeled and diced
- ¼ small onion, peeled and finely chopped
In a serving bowl, mix the olive oil, lemon juice, coriander, garlic and salt to taste.
Add the shredded lettuce, heart of palm, avocado and onion, and gently toss to combine.