Another sunny recipe with this Provençal dish, la tapenade. Quick and easy to prepare, I made this spread vegetarian by omitting the anchovies which are often an ingredient in many tapenade recipes.
The quantities here are for 2. It’s ready in 10 minutes or so.
- 1 cup of pitted black olives
- 1 ½ tablespoons of capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
In the food processor, add the olives, capers, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, and blend to a rough paste. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Store covered in the fridge.
Serve with fresh whole grain bread, whole wheat pita bread, crudités, boiled potatoes…