I bought some sunflower seed sprouts not knowing really what to do with them beside salads. So I browsed a bit the internet, and saw it was possible to have sunflower greens in smoothies as the “green” bit – and here is what I did with (some of) them 🙂 This smoothie is green and tasty.
The quantities in the recipe are for 2. This smoothie is ready in less than 10 minutes.
- 2 ripe kiwis, cut into 2 and pulp scooped
- 1 cup of sunflower greens
- 1 small seedless cucumber, diced (it’s a bit less than 1 cup)
- 2 pineapple slices, chopped into pieces (I used pineapple in light syrup, about ½ cup)
- 1 cup of ice water
- Ice cubes, to serve (optional)
Combine the kiwi, sunflower greens, cucumber, pineapple and ice water in the blender, and blend until smooth.
Serve in two large glasses. Clean the blender straight away (it makes life easier).